At Culp Dental, we’re highly trained and equipped to replace missing teeth with a dental bridge — for both general and cosmetic dentistry procedures.
What is a bridge?
Sometimes referred to as a fixed partial denture, a bridge is a type of dental restoration that can replace a tooth, or several teeth, within the mouth with artificial teeth. It quite literally bridges the gap between your remaining teeth. Bridges are typically made from:
- Tooth-colored resins
- A combination of all the above
Fixed bridges cannot be removed, as they are permanently cemented to surrounding teeth for function and support.
The benefits of dental bridges include stability as they prevent adjacent teeth from shifting. They also bridge the gap between remaining teeth, which makes chewing easier and restores the patient’s smile. Here are additional benefits:
- Prevents adjacent teeth from shifting
- Preserves a normal bite
- Preserves chewing efficiency
- Less time (and money) than dental implants
- Remains in place as you eat — unlike partial dentures
- Looks and feels like your natural teeth.
Interested in scheduling a consultation at our Rock Hill, SC dental clinic? Call 803.324.2921 now.